Saturday 27 July 2013

From Cooking To Coding

Cookie can be used to refer to a few different things:

  • Small, sweet baked treat that are often served up as snacks at tea parties (or just eaten when you get sudden hunger pangs)
  • A term of endearment, similar to "dear"
  • As slang, someone can be a "tough cookie" or a "smart cookie"
  • Used in computing to send small pieces of information about a user to the server.
These definitions are all relevant to me and my life in one way or another: 

  • I love to be creative and find cooking, baking, painting and photography are my favourite creative outlets. 
  • My grandfather often calls my Koeks, which is an Afrikaans term of endearment, similar to "Cookie" in English. 
  • I am a qualified electrical engineer and lean more towards the light current engineering (aka coding and device communication) which is where the computing form of cookie comes in. 
  • And since I work in the maintenance department at a factory, I often have to be a "smart" and "tough cookie" in order to deal with the day to day challenges that I encounter.


~~~~~ Follow Practical Cookie ~~~~~
~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pintrest ~ Instagram ~

No comments:

Post a Comment