Wednesday 2 October 2013

My Latest Obsession

I've been doing lots of research recently into different types of dogs that are good for first time dog owners. Even though I live in a complex that doesn't allow pets, I thought I'd get started early so that when I move I have an idea of the type of dog that I would like to get when I eventually move and can afford a dog. 

During my research, I stumbled upon the cutest (sometimes) dog imaginable - The Puggle! I may have fallen in love and become slightly obsessed.


Thank you to Daily Puppy which is where I found a picture of this cutie pie - Stella
http://www.dailypuppy.com/puppies/stella-the-puggle_2007-08-02

They're a cross between a beagle and a pug - ideally their longer muzzles should decrease the respiratory problems of pugs, while having slightly more energy than a pug and  slightly less energy than a beagle. They were first bred in the 1990s and they have become an increasingly popular crossbreed from the 2000s onwards due to their absolutely heartmelting appearance and lovable personalities.

You can find out more about these cute dogs by taking a look at puggle.org

Other good dogs for first time owners are lab, spaniel, retriever, papillion, some types of terriers, shi tzu and brittany. But don't take my word for it - google something along the lines of "best dog breeds for first time owners" and you'll find a wealth of information!


~~~~~ Follow Practical Cookie ~~~~~
~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pintrest ~ Instagram ~

No comments:

Post a Comment