Saturday 9 November 2013

Flourless Chocolate Lovers Treat

Chocolate. Yum. I was given a Woman&Home, Pick 'n Pay recipe booklet by a friend a few weeks ago. Last weekend I decided to test out this awesome recipe for a "chocolate soufflĂ©" type dessert since Frosty was around and we were too busy to bake brownies to send back to Cape Town with him. 

Ingredients

60 g 70% dark chocolate
50 g butter or marge (guess which one I used)
2 large eggs, separated
50 g white sugar

Chocolate on top of egg yolk-sugar mix on top of whipped egg whites - ready for a final mix
before going in to the mugs.


Method
  1. Pre-heat over to 200 degrees C and lightly grease your moulds.
    (I used my awesome striped coffee mugs without greasing them, and they were fine - I did put them in my baking tray though, to contain any spillage)
  2. Melt the chocolate with the butter/marge and leave to cool. (I did this by putting a small pan on the stove, with some water in it that was on a medium heat. Then I got a glass bowl, put it over/into the pot and put my marge and chocolate in the glass bowl to melt it)
  3. Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until light and creamy. Whip the egg whites until firm.
  4. In another mixing bowl, combine and gently fold all the mixtures together, spoon them into your moulds (or coffee mugs) and bake them for 10 minutes.
Flour-less chocolate pudding
The final product - the centre is soft and gooey and the outside is warm and cake-like!


~~~~~ Follow Practical Cookie ~~~~~
~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pintrest ~ Instagram ~

No comments:

Post a Comment