Dear Service Industry Workers,
Do you want to know why I'll tip you the industry standard?
|Restaurants - it's not only up to your staff.|
If you train them properly, they'll perform to the standard you expect.
You probably do some of the following:
- Put away your cell phone when I walk in and acknowledge I exist.
- When I ask for something, my request is taken seriously and addressed without too much hassle.
- Minimum service expectations are met. Sometimes with a smile. Sometimes with a serious face. But at least when you talk, I can hear you and understand what you're saying.
- I leave your workplace thinking: "Hmmm, that was nice, the waiter/waitress/receptionist was OK."
- When I'm finished, it takes a while for you to come and see if there's anything else you can help me with.
Click here for the previous post in this series.