Friday 28 August 2015

Quote #6: Gratitude

Shew, I'm a bit late with my quote of the week this week, but better late than never!

Gratitude. Isn't it interesting how sometimes we forget to be thankful and instead focus on what we don't have. I love that this quote cuts to the chase and makes us realise that if we are grateful for what we have, we see that we actually don't need all that much...

I also read an interesting post on gratefulness (here) which I think fits in quite nicely with this theme. And since there was a challenge at the end, here's what I'm grateful for:


  • My Family: they were the people who knew me before I knew myself and helped to mould me into the person I am today. Although most of them live far away, we always have great fun when we're together.
  • Frosty: the guy who gives the best hugs, has his own type of logic (Frost Logic) which he uses to teach people complex ideas, who adventures and explores with me, who challenges me and lets me challenge him. My friend and my favourite place.
  • My Friends: from the adventure time family who are mainly in Cape Town to those who I don't see often and wish I could see more of, new friends and old friends and everyone in between. Whether it's a reason, season or lifetime, all of you bring out a different aspect in me and for that I am so grateful.
  • My Work: I have learnt so much from my two different jobs - what I like and what I don't like. What I'm happy doing and what I will do my best to avoid. Qualities to keep or discard in the workplace. The opportunity to travel to cool places within my work and to interact with people from all over the world.
  • My Privilege: the food that keeps my tummy happy, the roof over my head, the home that I live in, being able to drive to work in my own car and having enough money in my bank account to be able to do fun things every now and then.
  • My Education: going to a wonderful co-ed junior school, earning a scholarship to a prestigious all-girls high school and then off to a university class where I was one of few girls and getting a degree that has allowed me to find well-paying jobs. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to learn skills that are incredibly valuable in this day and age.
So, those are a few of the things I'm grateful for...what are you grateful for? Feel free to tag me on Instagram or leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you!


Practical Cookie Wise Words Wednesdays Week 6





~~~~~ Follow Practical Cookie ~~~~~
~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pintrest ~ Instagram ~

No comments:

Post a Comment