Sunday 4 January 2015

A Reflection on 2014

Night picture of people camping in big cave with Christmas Lights
Camping at Balloch Cave Dec 2014.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you! I've been away for the last two weeks without any internet connection or cell reception and it was absolutely wonderful! Of course, this has meant that I've been very quiet on the blogging front, but now I'm back and ready to see what 2015 will bring. 

With a week of holiday in KZN still left, I thought this would give me a good opportunity to reflect on 2014 and do some quiet thinking before I get back to work and Cape Town.

With this in mind - here's a recap of my year for 2014:
  • January - I commenced 2014 with a great road trip around part of the country and got to explore some amazing places!
  • February - I spent an amazing weekend away at Mabula and reflected on the good and bad of long distance relationships.
  • March - I moved from Benoni to Cape Town, started a new job and took part in the Grape Escape my first weekend back in the Cape.
  • April - I got to explore a bit of the Karoo when we visited for a friends wedding and explored a bit of Cape Town along the Pipe Trail Walk.
  • May - Attended a wedding at Balloch and explored Clanwilliam.
  • June - I gave Practical Cookie it's own mascot, visited the Berg and went to Italy for work! Also, I celebrated my birthday - a busy month in June.
  • July - Practical Cookie celebrated it's first birthday!
  • August - Hiked to Wolfberg Arch in the Cedarberg with my Adventure Time pals and I posted a series written by a friend of mine on the 7 Deadly Sins of Falling in Like.
  • September - I experimented with taking pictures of the moon and saw Emma Watsons #HeForShe speech which has still got me thinking.
  • October - I guest posted over at Engineering in Style which was very exciting and we had a weekend Camping at Kogel Bay.
  • November - I took part in the indieBerries Instagram Challenge (which was such fun) and also took part in an epic cycle around Cape Point.
  • December - I didn't blog very much, but I did enter the Africa Geographic Photographer of the Year Competition and spent Christmas and New Year in Balloch. This year I even managed to convince my parents to come camping, so photos of this will be following shortly!
What was your 2014 like and what are you hoping 2015 will bring you?


~~~~~ Follow Practical Cookie ~~~~~
~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Pintrest ~ Instagram ~

No comments:

Post a Comment